Proud to contribute to a sustainable future by doing more with less
Global Goals for Sustainable Development
We have identified four SDGs, which we believe we have the greatest leverage and power to contribute.
All these decisions are taken by the sustainability committee. Board members, general managers of the group companies, human resources manager, corporate communication expert, sustainability executive, senior environmental engineer are the members of the sustainability committee.
Climate related issues and strategies, including risk assessments, strategies about sustainability are discussed during the sustainability committee meetings which are performed every two months. This committee prioritized 4 SDGs after analyzing activities, value chain and shareholder expectations.
CELLULOSIC - Natural Fiber
CELLULOSIC - Regenerated
- Tencel Lyocell
- Tencel Modal
- Tencel Ecovero Viscose
- Tencel x Refibra
A - Solar Energy for Sustainable Knitting
Established in 2018, Ekoten Knitting Facility has a production capacity of 6,500,000 kg. To produce various fabrics we have circular knitting machines, Jacquard machines, centreing and twisting machines to add features to the yarns. The solar energy system built specifically for our knitting factory has 4320 solar panels that deliver 1300 kwh electricity for operating up to 300 knitting machines. Using sustainable energy allows us to save resources and lower costs.
B - Monitoring System
Knitting with Technology
The knitting facility is monitored with the latest technology automation system. Machine operators can easily monitor their machines with smart watches integrated with the automation system and intervene in case of any problem. While capacity planning is made with instantly monitored machines and planning dashboard, forward order planning is made. Yarns, which are the main raw material monitored by the Rfid system, can be easily found in the storage area, can be assigned to the machines on order basis, and stock tracking can be done online.
- Online Machine Screen
- Wireless Data Transfer With Bluetooth
- Detailed Production Monitoring Screen
- 90 Pcs Smart Wristband With Stopping Control
C - WasteWater Treatment
We have a wastewater management system. We meet the requirements of all our customers. Our waste water and slush are tested periodically according to the zero discharge regulations and measurements are taken every day for evaluation.
We are aware that the available water resources in the world are decreasing day by day and the availability of water is of critical importance. As water requirement is great importance in our production processes, we monitor our water management performance and ensure the integration of new technologies into our processes. We effectively monitor the water we consume per product produced and take maximum care in the efficient use of natural resources.
- Cleaning Pools
- Fungi Application
- Equalization Pool
- Neutralization Tank
- Air Aero Tank
- Chemical Sedimentation Tank
D - Cleaning All Wastewater pools
- Set up the new diffuser system stabilization part of wastewater treatment.
- Re-new the blower pool’s diffusor system.
- Set-up New plat sediment system.
- Set-up a new waste water supply station.
- Re-new dewatering system for treatment sludge.
- Set-up waste water chemical purification system for decolorizing
E - Pad-Batch - Special Dyeing Method
Cold pad batch dyeing (CPB) is an alternative method of reactive dyeing that uses fewer resources. With CPB there is no need to apply heat during the process, and no salt or humectants are needed.
Advantages of CPB
Compared to other reactive dyeing methods, such as jet dyeing, CPB offers several benefits:
- Reduced water consumption.
- Reduced energy consumption, as it is done at room temperature.
- Higher percentage of dye fixation.
- No salt used – resulting in easy dye wash off and no salt being present in the effluent.
- Pre-dye checks can be carried out ensuring more fabric is dyed correctly.
- Productivity – one CPD machine can dye more fabric than a jet machine.
- Better suited to stretch fabrics and knits because it is easier to manage tension control in a small machine.
- No Steam
- No High Temperature
- No Salt
- No Chemicals
- Less Energy
- Less Water Consumption